It’s beach time! That means packing the kids up and whether you are headed down south to Myrtle Beach or just going to your local lake, you will need a checklist of what to bring with you. We have been two Tybee Island, Myrtle Beach, Jacksonville Beach and will soon be going to Pompano Beach, Florida. Here are my top 10 items I like to bring for both my 13 month old and my soon to be 4 year old:
- Sunscreen – Please always use sunscreen when being in the sun. It is important for everyone to use the sunscreen no matter how old.
- Beach Chair – Having a beach chair is one of our essentials. We even have small ones for both the kids. You can find them pretty inexpensive at Wal-Mart or Target. Our son is obsessed with the Ninja Turtles.
- Baby Canopy – We loved this for our 1 year old. If you have a young one that takes naps during the day, having a full canopy that covers them and allows them to lie down is a must
- Water – Having lots of water to drink (snacks help, too) is essential to a great day at the beach. Make sure the kids stay hydrated especially if it’s reaching 100 degrees.
- Beach Shoes – My kids especially needed beach shoes walking on the sand. The sand was very hot and burned me so I know they were feeling it. Protecting the bottom of their feet was important to us and they like to build sand castles and knock them over :). These shoes pictures are literally only $4.98. They are very affordable
- Baby Powder – I know this seems weird, but baby powder is perfect to actually remove sand off of your children. This is great for using right before you get in the car to avoid all the sand.
- Beach Toys – Nothing beats a day on the beach like some classic beach toys. Simple items such as a few pails, a shovel, and a bag to put it all in will do. You can get the items from the Dolllar Tree or you can go super fancy and get a large set off of Amazon.
- Beach towel cover up – I love the beach towel cover ups because the kids can wear them and do not have to worry about them dropping around their bodies. They come in all different colors and cartoon characters. Very cute!
- Wet Bag – Wet bags are great for when your children (or yourself) need to change back into some dry clothes and need somewhere to put their bathing suits. It helps to not get everything else wet as well. A must have item.
- Beach bag – You can’t forget the beach bag. If you have toddlers maybe 2 and up, have them pick a small bag they like it and stuff with their favorite items they want to take to the beach.
Comment below on your favorite beach items!